5 Foot 2 117.5lbs 400cc Mentor Silicone Implants Too Large For My Frame?

I have a 13bwd, I am five foot two and half 117.5lbs. I am starting out with a 34A deflated if you will. Will 400cc Mentor Silicone implants HP be to large for my frame?

Implant selection

+1

It is best to determine the appropriate implants for you in person. A consultation will allow the doctor to properly examine you and based upon your anatomy and personal goals will be able to create a surgical plan for you.

Implant Size Selection

+1

I help my patients select the correct size with two methods:

1. Dimensional planning and
2. A Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Ideal implant size

+1

It depends on your body type and frame.  Also on what your goals are.  In my practice, I utilize the VECTRA system to assist in these decisions.  

David A. Lickstein, MD

Are 400 cc implants too large?

+1

There is no simple answer to your question.  What is your goal?  If you wish to fill out your "empty" breasts, but still look natural, then 400cc implants would be too large.  Get multiple opinions from local plastic surgeons to help you with your decision.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Ideal implants for me

+1

The ideal size breast implant for any patient is determined by a number of factors.  Each patient has the desire to look a certain way after surgery. Each patient's body is different and the size implant must be individualized for each patient.  You may not be able to reach the bra or cup size that you want to be because the implant necessary to reach that result may simply be too big for your body.

For this reason it is necessary to meet and discuss your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon who will listen to your goals and examine you and tell you what size range of implants will be appropriate and this is the range you should use. This will certainly make you larger but you may not be the exact cup size you had in mind simply because your individual anatomy may not allow it.

Choosing an implant that is too large can cause a number of problems the majority of which require more surgery to repair. Making a decision that sets you up for more surgery is not ideal. Consult with several plastic surgeons if possible. I would not listen to your friends or family because they do not know what is best for you.  The details of the surgery including selection of breast implant size should be left to the plastic surgeon.

Thank you for your question and best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals.

I would suggest that you do the following:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or "too large" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.