What Foods and Vitamins to Avoid Before Multiple Procedures? (photo)

I'm getting full body lipo from head to toe , fat grafting to hips and butt and breast lift and augmentation. I had my last glass of wine last week, stopped occassional smoking 5 months ago, and plan on stopping my birth control 3 weeks before my big day. B/c I'm undergoing a lot I want to make sure I'm in the best health possible :) I'm 5'5 and 160 lbs (gained for bbl) but still exercise and eat healthy.

Pre Op Food and Vitamins to Avoid

+2

Just avoid the medications and supplements on the list you should be given in preparation for your surgery. Good protein intake and reasonable carbohydrate and fat in your diet will ensure you are well nourished when undergoing elective cosmetic surgery. Starvation diets before or after surgery should be discouraged. 

Foods around surgery

+1

I am glad to hear you are getting yourself ready.  That is great that you have stopped smoking; it can be very hard!.  I hand my patients a long list of medications and supplements to avoid (it's about a page long).  The most important are blood thinners, such as aspiring, but there are a bunch more.  Your plastic surgeon should be able to help you with this and give you a list. 

Good luck!

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon