Food Poisoning 6 Weeks After Open Rhinoplasty- Will Vomiting Damage Results?

I had rhinoplasty 6 weeks ago. I had food poisoning and vomited twice and I'm worried that this could change my final result. Should I be concerned? My nose looks and feel the same, but I just don't know.

At 6 weeks following rhinoplasty, vomiting will not affect nose

+1

Hello Shelly,

Thank you for the question.  At 6 weeks after your rhinoplasty vomiting should not have any affect on your nose.  This is especially true when your nose feels and looks the same.  Take comfort in knowing that nothing has been damaged.  Of course, if there are any concerns I am sure your plastic surgeon would be happy to evaluate you to make sure.

Dr. Remus Repta

Food Poisoning 6 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

Food poisoning and vomiting 6 weeks after rhinoplasty should not have any effect on your  result. I  think you have answered your own question - " my nose looks and feels the same". 

Food poisoning 6 weeks after rhinoplasty should have no impact on outcome of surgery

+1

Food poisoning 6 weeks after your rhinoplasty should have absolutely no impact on the ultimate appearance of your nose. If you have any questions or concerns such as a perceived change in appearance, contact your surgeon.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Damage

+1

If your nose looks the same and feels the seame then it is the same and you have nothing to worry about. I would think that at the worst the acid like material passing through the nose might irritate the mucus membranes but, no long tgerm effect

David A. Bray, Sr., MD