Food Poisoning 6 Weeks After Open Rhinoplasty- Will Vomiting Damage Results?

I had rhinoplasty 6 weeks ago. I had food poisoning and vomited twice and I'm worried that this could change my final result. Should I be concerned? My nose looks and feel the same, but I just don't know.

You Should Be Okay

At this point in your recovery process, you are generally clear of any damage that may have been caused by your body’s rejecting food and subsequent vomiting. As long as no direct contact is made to your nose that may cause it to change shape or may otherwise alter the healing process, you shouldn’t be worried about the affects your food poisoning may have on your new nose. If you are still unclear or concerned about your situation, schedule a follow-up visit with the surgeon that performed your rhinoplasty procedure. In this way, you can further guarantee that your recovery is proceeding as planned and can clear your mind of any worry you may be feeling regarding the experience.

1040 Park Ave., at 86th St.
New York, NY 10028

At 6 weeks following rhinoplasty, vomiting will not affect nose

Hello Shelly,

Thank you for the question.  At 6 weeks after your rhinoplasty vomiting should not have any affect on your nose.  This is especially true when your nose feels and looks the same.  Take comfort in knowing that nothing has been damaged.  Of course, if there are any concerns I am sure your plastic surgeon would be happy to evaluate you to make sure.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

8900 E Raintree Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Food Poisoning 6 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

Food poisoning and vomiting 6 weeks after rhinoplasty should not have any effect on your  result. I  think you have answered your own question - " my nose looks and feels the same". 

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Food poisoning 6 weeks after rhinoplasty should have no impact on outcome of surgery

Food poisoning 6 weeks after your rhinoplasty should have absolutely no impact on the ultimate appearance of your nose. If you have any questions or concerns such as a perceived change in appearance, contact your surgeon.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

10290 N 92nd St
Scottsdale, AZ 85258

If your nose looks the same and feels the seame then it is the same and you have nothing to worry about. I would think that at the worst the acid like material passing through the nose might irritate the mucus membranes but, no long tgerm effect

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

3711 Lomita Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505