What Food Should I Avoid when I Have my Invisalign In?

Is is possible to drink with them in? What problems would it cause to eat or drink without removing them?

USE CARE WHEN EATING AND DRINKING WITH ALIGNERS

+1

While you may be able to eat soft foods with aligners in place, it is not recommended. Drinking is possible, but it is essential to remove the aligners for brushing as soon as possible since liquid will get between the aligners and tooth surfaces and may cause decay. If it is impossible to brush right away, remove the aligners and rinse with water, preferably warm water, as soon as practical. And, be sure not to drink highly colored liquids since that risks staining the aligners. My advice is to carry a case at all times, remove the aligners for eating and drinking, rinse or brush as soon as possible, and replace the aligners. My personal experience is that most patients snack less when under aligner treatment, so a bonus might be a bit of weight loss - and most of us could stand a bit of that!  

Mercer Island Orthodontist

Eating with the aligners

+1

It is not posible to eat with the aligners.

However you can drink with them. Be careful that colorful drinks might change the color of the aligners.

Santa Ana Cosmetic Dentist

Drink anything with Invisalign in..

+1

Just be sure to rinse them with water as soon as you can. We drink so many beverages in the average day that you would loose too much time for treatment. Drink away..

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

You can drink with Invisalign in

+1

You can definitely drink with your Invisalign aligners in, and some people eat certain foods with them in as well.  There are a few guidelines to keep in mind.  First of all, certain liquids like coffee, tea and red wine can stain the Invisalign trays faster than normal, thus making them look dark and unsightly.  Also, very hot liquids could potentially cause a warping of the material, so I tell my patients they can drink most things, but to avoid coffee, tea and other hot liquids.  As for food, sometimes chewing with the aligners in make them fit better and work better.  Most people don't like to eat with them in, but if you do, I recommend softer foods that won't crack or bend the Invisalign material.

Washington Cosmetic Dentist