What Can Be Done to my Type of Nose to Make It Smaller? (photo)

I would like to know what would be done to make my profile smaller and also how much does it cost for my case. I'm looking for a Dr. that has done surgery with my type of Nose.. I want to choose a Dr. Wisely and make sure I'm gonna see a difference in my nose . I have couple of Doctors , In mind one in san diego and another one in newport beach but I need dr's opinions to see what really could be done to make my nose smaller. I have attach some picture of my nose Thanks

What Can Be Done to my Type of Nose to Make It Smaller?

+1

Dear Prettydiva,

Thank you for your question and photos.  Your nose can be improved by becoming propotional to your face.  You have very pretty eyes and eyebrows, but your nose looks out of place.  The nose should be made more narrow and tip refined.  The following link is an example of a nose very similar to yours.

Pablo Prichard, MD 

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

You are a really great candidate for rhinoplasty and selecting the right surgeon is the most important factor. Your nose need to be reduced in all it's proportion. It needs to be made narrower and brought closer to your face. The tip need to be refined by remodeling and reducing the cartilage. I would do your nose as a closed rhinoplasty. In my experience, many surgeons do not adequately reduce a nose such as yours. You want a small cute nose and it is certainly obtainable in your case. Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1
What is come to be known as ethnic rhinoplasty involves noses with thick skin, bulbous tip, wide nasal base and dorsal hump. All of these are hallmarks of the nose similar to yours that need to be corrected by techniques specific to ethnic noses.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for smaller nose

+1

Closed rhinoplasty would involve making the overall nose smaller, refining the tip cartilages, reducing the overall projection of the nose, removing the cartilaginous hump and narrowing the bridge line. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available  on our website to give you an idea of what your new nose might look like. Please see the link below for examples  of noses  similar  to your own undergone rhinoplasty in our practice

Rhinoplasty and smaller nose

+1

First you have to understand that your tissues appear very thick and this may impact the ability to show definition in the tip. Certainly, the nose can be made smaller.

+1

Reduction of the size of the tip and dorsal refinement can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Best Rhinoplasty to Make Nose Smaller

+1

Hi Pretty Diva,

A properly performed rhinoplasty will make your nose smaller and help you achieve your nasal aesthetic goals.  You are wise to take your time and choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully, after all it is your nose for the rest of your life.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Reduction of Nose

+1

The entire nose including the tip should be narrowed. On the profile view i would reduce the hump. I think the most important part of your surgery in addition to just the reduction will be the refinement and definition that your surgeon should provide. Select an experienced specialist.