Will Ultherapy Work to Reduce the Appearance of Eyebags Cannot Use Fillers or Surgery? (photo)

I was wondering if Ultherapy will work for me here are the photos. I have asthma and a heart condition so anesthesia is out of the question for vanity surgery. I also have reactions to injections and don't like the effects of fillers as my biggest problem is seeing when I look down due to the bags so evening out the bags with fillers would not improve the problem. Is there a non invasive form of blepharoplasty the procedure is HORRIFIC I do not do well with pain either :/

Ultherapy for Eyebags

+1

Thank you for your question. Ultherapy is commonly used on areas of the face and neck to address sagging of the eyelids, brow, cheeks, chin and jawline. Generally, this treatment is not used to correct under eye bags. Ultherapy is more suited towards tightening of the skin. I would schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Ultherapy + Dermal Fillers = Lift & Smooth

+1

In general, we believe that Ultherapy does not address lower eyelid puffiness. However, indirectly it may improve this area if you get some amount of cheek lifting. I would speak with an experienced surgeon who also uses Ultherapy to evaluate your options. Combined, Ultherapy to lift and smooth, along with dermal fillers to plump in the right places, you can find some nice results.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy may not help lower eyelid bags

+1

Whether the bags of your lower eyelids are composed of fat or fluid, the Ultherapy may not help improve the appearance. It is difficult to imagine that any cream would help your condition substantially.  Fraxel laser might improve the appearance but there couldn't be any guarantee, and the percent improvement would be nominal.

You shouldn't discount the possibility of having a blepharoplasty as it is often done with local anesthetic and most patients of mine that I refer to a plastic surgeon for the procedure, do not find it horrific. Some oral sedation can be used as long as your physician who takes care of your heart condition approves of such and the surgeon and your doctor would have to communicate with each other. Pain is usually not felt during or after the procedure, but there can be swelling and bruising for slightly more than one week. Arnica pills may help minimize the swelling and bruising.

As an example, see the photographs of Dr. Wilfred Brown, attached below. He is a plastic surgical associate in my practice and does most blepharoplasties with patients using only local anesthetic usually. The patents rarely complain of discomfort and heal with natural results.

Ultherapy's transducers do not fit this area well and are not indicated for such treatment. However, the radiofrequency device, Pelleve, can easily treat the periorbital area and may help this condition, but not in every individual.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. If you are experiencing a medical emergency proceed to your nearest emergency room.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ulthera will probably not work for eyelid fat pads

+1

Utthera is really for skin tightening and does not reduce fat pads.  The fat pads can be removed under local aneathesia in a cooperative patient.  You may also want to explore fraxel repair.  Although fraxel repai does not reduce fat pads, it causes significant tightening which may give the appearance that your fat pads are smaller

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Ultherapy for undereye fullness

+1

Looking at the limited picture you've provided, I don't believe Ultherapy can provide you with any noticeable improvement. Your best option for effective treatment of the lower lid pseudoherniation of fat and slight skin excess is a subcilliary blepharoplasty with fat removal or repositioning. This procedure can be done in the office with mild oral sedation and local anesthesia as long as you are able to be off any anti-coagulants or aspirin containing medications.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon