Follow Up to Tummy Tuck Scar Has Pulled Pubic Hair 1" Below Belly Button, Normal? (photo)

Hi I didnt post picture in my first post, here is the new post with pictures Thanks for all the answers so far, to answer your questions, I got a mini tuck as you would call it because my belly button was not moved, however my scar line as youlll see is very long, hip to hip. For the doctor that suggested laser hair removal, that is what I did below my scar cause like I said, right below my scar my pubic hair was there and it got pulled up to an inch below naval. is it standard or am i right?

Pubic hair too high after mini-abdominoplasty.

+5

Thanks for including photos. Without a ruler included in the photo, I can't say for sure, but although your scar is "higher than ideal" it is not 1" below your belly button. (That is, unless your hips are 4" apart). Exaggeration is not necessary for you to be truthful about your dissatisfaction.

Unfortunately, once done, this scar is permanent, as is its location. Taking out more skin below your present scar (and requiring even more length side to side) will make the closure more tight, the scar potentially wider, but could drop its position by a tiny bit. The degree of improvement would likely NOT be worth additional surgery, but that is for you and your surgeon to decide together.

Nothing was done incorrectly; your scar position is a direct result of your surgeon's choice of incision and your choice of procedure. Other than scar revision to improve the quality (and possible position a bit) of the scar, your use of laser hair removal for the upper pubic area is a good one. Sorry to be the bearer of less-than-ideal news, but this is actually as good as many full tummy tucks I have seen. Best wishes!

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Laser hair removal after a tummy tuck

+2

Yes, sometimes the pubic hair is pulled up with a mini-tummy tuck.  Laser hair removal is great to treat the areas affected.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Pubic hair elevation after tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for your question. Laser hair removal, fortunately, is a great option for reducing hair growth in unwanted areas such as this. Particularly after a "mini" tummy tuck, in which there are less options for the surgeon with regard to incision placement, and skin resection, this may be an issue. Good luck!

Matt Concannon MD

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon