Follow-up: should thick-skinned patients just give up on 3rd rhinoplasties? If I get surgery now, am I asking for disaster?

I've thick skin & am pretty sure I botched my surgery 3 months post op. 8 months after an injury that made the nose reswell, nose healed some, but I see that the sides of the nose are assymetrical, there is a disk of soft tissue (or else my ear college) around the implant/in tip, and the nose hangs down/is overprojected. Nose had shown final result when injured. Revision will require removing medpor tip graft. Nose is getting bigger due to daily edema 11 months post op.Surgeon refuses kenalog.

Thick skin may pose challenges, but should not eliminate the possibility of revision

+2
It is difficult to counsel you without the benefit of seeing and examining your nose.  So I can speak from general principles.  With thick skin, even in the revision setting, improved shape can be achieved by establishing good strong structural support that puts the nose into a proper proportion and shape, but one that is big enough to stretch the skin slightly so the form is visible externally.  A rhinoplasty surgeon experienced with revision and also with thick skin patients would be likely able to guide you. 

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon