3 Months Post-Op Tummy Tuck, Scars Healed Incorrectly and am Best Over, Options?

I am now 11 weeks post tummy tuck. I still can't stand straight & only walk with pain & am exhausted all the time (previously very active). On "realself" advice I saw surgeon at 6 weeks. She said she never saw me in the first 6 weeks (even though I saw her nurse every week) & was unaware my scars had healed incorrectly (ie. bent). She said there was nothing else she could do for me & had other patients with "real" issues to attend to & offered no other advice. Please help!

Customer Service is GOLD in a busy and successful #plasticsurgery practice

+1

Thank you for your question.  It is tempting to criticize the way your plastic surgeon has responded to you in view of your concerns but in all fairness, you should post your scar pictures and the overall abdominoplasty (#tummy-tuck) results.  Scars can be revised but they take 6-12 months to mature so best to be patient or get a second opinion. Silicone sheath for scars can sometimes help for raised scars.  Posting pictures help us, plastic surgeons on Realself, to better advise you.  Good luck.  Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto Plastic Surgeon, board-certified.

Tummy Tuck Scars

+1

Incisions can be corrected.  Typically, I wait a year to evaluate and revise incisions.  I would try to set up another appointment with your PS to discuss your concerns.  If you are not getting resolution then I would seek the recommendations of another PS.

Dr. ES

Scars Healed Incorrectly

+1

Without photos or a better description, I can't tell what the problem is or offer anything in the way of advice. Your surgeon's comments seem rather abrupt and unhelpful. Perhaps a visit to your primary physician will get you back to an appropriate path to recovery. A referral for physical therapy might help. 

Consider posting photos.

All the best.