Can I Follow my Regular Skin Regimen After Rhinoplasty ?

Can I start using moisturizer/toner/cleanser on my nose again ? I got my cast off today

Skin care after rhinoplasty

+1

Good skin care is important before rhinoplasty to open the pores before the plaster dressing is applied.  When the cast comes off the skin will need regular cleansing and moisturization. Check with your surgeon for guidance.

Skin care after rhinoplasty

+1

You should talk with your surgeon about his or her preferred routine. I typically allow gentle cleanser and moistureizer after splint removal and insist on sun avoidance and sun screen. I also do not allow any abrasive or deep treatemtns to the nose for at least 4-6 weeks. The remainder of the face can be treated as you normally do.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skin care of nose soon after a rhinoplasty

+1

As mentioned by all the other respondents, before doing anything with regard to your nose, you should first ask your plastic surgeon. A rhinoplasty is a precise procedure where a millimeter or two can make a significant difference in the outcome doing and you do not want to disrupt the results by something that would otherwise be relatively innocuous.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Careful care of the skin after Rhinoplasty

+1

As discussed above, it is always a good idea to talk to your surgeon.  As a general rule, gentle care of the skin is wise after rhinoplasty to avoid disturbing the work that was performed underneath the skin.  It is very common to have some increase in pores and occasionally more oily skin after surgery, but this is usually temporary.  Any incisions should be cared for as directed by your doctor, but should certainly be kept moist until fully healed.

Jason Lichtenberger, MD
Bellingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skin care after rhinoplasty

+1

Checking with your surgeon is always a good idea, but moisturizer/toner/cleanser should be fine as long as you stay away from any incisions on the nose.  And avoid rubbing too hard as this may cause swelling.

Kristin Egan, MD
Manhattan Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skin regimen post rhinoplasty

+1

I would check with your surgeon. it depends on how things looked to the surgeon, how much work was performed.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon