Follow up to original question. MOH's procedure was not followed during my surgury. What should I do?

2mm Nodular BCC present 6 weeks After biopsy, defect 5mm across; Normal skin around. Signed for tissue sparing MOHs Dr. recommended.[ AUC8] One, WIDE excision 20mm across ; 4-5mm deep. 0 change in surgical plan presented. I would NOT have agreed to a wide excision. With MOH's, normal tissue spared. Given the short duration of the lesion, and the type of cell, the cancer area would most likely have been small. WHAT SHOULD I DO? I DIDN'T CONSENT FOR WHAT WAS DONE. plast surg w flap nec

See board certified dermatologist

+2
I am uncertain why the plan was changed, and agree that that is an important part of this question and answer. THe best next course of action would be to consult with a board certified dermatologist to get a second opinion.

Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Consent for Mohs

+2
Do you know why the doctor changed the plan? I think that's what needs to be understood here. I don't know why it would have been done that way, but you and your physician need to discuss it. Because Mohs is a more extensive and expensive procedure, we do have patients sign a consent for it. In my practice I don't have patients sign for traditional excisions and removals. But I discuss with them why we do things. And I think that's important. We still don't know where your site was... and Mohs can only be reserved for areas that need tissue to be spared. It's not for all areas of the body and insurance simply may not cover it if they deem a traditional excision should have been done. Bottom line, talk about this with your doctor.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Mohs surgery

+2
Generally we reserve mohs surgery for facial skin cancers that are poorly defined.
And this may vary by practitioner, I would suggest discussing with a Board Certified Dermatologist with expertise in Mohs surgery.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon