I Have a Follow Up with my Surgeon and Wanted Some Professional Opinions As to His Work? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty about 3.5 months ago. It was both functional and aesthetic, and i think i am personally too close to the circumstances to have an objective opinion, so i would like your professional opinion as to what if any specific concerns i should raise with my surgeon? If this was your nose, what questions would you be asking at this point? I hope the pictures are good enough to be useful Much appreciated

3.5 months post-op

+2

3.5 months post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon.  Thicker skin noses in general need plenty of time to develop their final shape – you may wish to see your surgeon about Kenalog injections

Rhinoplasty results at a few months is too soon.

+2

Rhinoplasty results at a few months is too soon. You need to wait 6-12 months to make any long term decisions. Try to be patient in the meantime.

3.5 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

Although there appears to be little change, you likely have a great deal of swelling still present.  You may very well like the result at one year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty Results #nosejob

+1

I do not see the need to raise any specific issues with your surgeon. First you are very close to your original surgery so swelling still exists and will resolve over time. Unless you see something you do not like I would say things look good. Are you unhappy with your results?

Richard J. Brown, MD

Professional Opinion on Rhinoplasty

+1

The opinion you are likely to hear most is that at 3.5 months, you still have a moderate amount of swelling.  For a true objective and helpful second opinion, wait until the 9-12 month mark and see another Surgeon in person.  More importantly, I would encourage you to keep an open line of communication with your Surgeon and express your concerns

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon