Very Petite - Would my Risks of Bowel Perforation Increase w/ Full Tummy Tuck?

Have 5cm divarification tummy muscles requiring repair .My abdominal contents close to surface and I have thin skin.Would this complication cause a significant risk to me? .desperately need repair to correct disproportionate tummy to body size

Bowels Perforation Risk and Tummy Tuck

+1

Slender, petite women tend to be good candidates for tummy tuck surgery without increased risk of damage to the bowel as long as there is good muscle on each side of the rectus abdominus   (sit-up muscles commonly known as "the six pack") to complete the repair of the separation (diastsis).

Of more concern is the possibility of the stitches showing through if your skin is thin with very little fat underneath.  Good technique can prevent this problem.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon and get a consultation if you are finished having children and your partner is in agreement and supportive of your plan!

Worcester Plastic Surgeon