How Invasive Of a Surgery Would it Be For Revision Rhino On My Nose? (photo)

So I think we can all agree that the tip of my nose projects too far out. If I were to elect to fix only my nose tip, how invasive of a surgery would that be. I mean, would that be a more simple procedure than if I were to do the entire nose? Would there be less swelling/recovery time? Also, the approximate cost? One doctor mentioned going back to the original surgeon. I would like to get some more opinions on that suggestion. Thank you.

How Invasive of a Surgery would it be for Revision Rhino on my Tip?

+2

Hello, I agree that your tip is over projected. I can not advise any further as far as revision goes because you only posted one photo. I would need additional photos as well as an examination to more accurately advise you. I will say that I do recommend that you schedule an appointment with your original surgeon to let him know that you would like a tip revision.

Good luck to you.

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

Deprojecting your tip may alter the appearance of your bridge. After the tip has been set to the desired projection the bridge may need to be reduced as well. Your question is a good one, it highlights the fact that altering one part of the nose may affect the rest, and different parts of the nose cannot be treated as isolated sections in most cases.

In my opinion you are not overprojected, but your high radix gives the appearance of a much larger nose. Lowering your radix, in your case, could be done as an isolated procedure and would be less invasive than deprojecting the tip and reducing the bridge.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for revision

+2

As you stated, you are a good candidate for tip revision.  If the bridge is left alone the recovery is much simpler.  The cost of revision rhinoplasty varies and depends on a number of factors not easy to tell without an examination.  The link below shows a nose similar to yours

Sam Naficy, MD

Decreasing the Tip in Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

The projection of the tip can be reduced without much difficulty.  I would also consider gently decreasing the fullness and projection of the top of the nose to give an overall more petite appearance.  Revision rhinoplasty can be associated with prolonged swelling depending on whether an open or closed procedure was performed. As always, it is important that you consult with a Plastic Surgeon who is very experienced in Rhinoplasty.

Jarrod Little, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

If you are considering revision rhinoplasty, you might want to consider having not only the tip addressed but also anything else you want to improve on your nose. It would be better to do everything at the same time when you consider recovery time and healing and so that you don't have to undergo yet another surgery later.  

If you feel comfortable with your original surgeon and are happy with the results from your first surgery, you may consider going back to him/her.  If not, you might consider someone who shares your aesthetic vision.

Cost will depend on what you decide to do, but since this is a revision, it will likely cost more than your original surgery.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Cost of Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

The projection of your tip can be reduced but I would also consider decreasing the fullness at the top of the bridge, the radix, which will soften your nose. Cost will depend on what you decide to do.

Revision rhinoplasty more difficult than first rhinoplasty

+1

Revision rhinoplasty is not a simple procedure.  It is harder the second time due to the scar tissue and occasional unpredictability in the healing process.  It is always best to go back to the original surgeon if you feel confident in his or her abilities.  De-projecting the nose is not easy since it is a 3 dimensional structure.  It must not only breathe correctly, but balance with the remainder of the nose.  Full healing on revision rhinoplasty is still at least a year and most of the swelling sits in the tip, even after the second procedure.  The cost for a revision rhinoplasty could run anywhere from $7,000 to $10,000 depending upon the location and the surgeon.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

When performing a primary or revision rhinoplasty, it is important to take the entire nose and face into consideration. The goal is to create a nose that is in harmony with one's facial features. Sometimes, only tip work is necessary and a patient can benefit from a slight refinement. In other cases, there may be additional work necessary to create an ideal and balanced nose for the patient.  I would recommend a consultation with a board certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty. He/she may use computer morphing software to give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear.  The cost of a revision rhinoplasty can range from $12,000-$20,000. If you are not satisfied with the plan for a revision rhinoplasty developed by your surgeon, it could not hurt to get another opinion from a reputable facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon.  Thanks, and best of luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

How Invasive Of a Surgery Would it Be For Revision Rhino On My Nose?

+1

I use an isolated incision to decrease the tip projection that would not require a Rhinoplasty, so it's truly minimally imvasive.  Hope this helps.