Follow up: is my nose bridge too wide? Should I get a rhinoplasty along with my planned chin implant? (Photo)

This is a follow uo yo my previous question. Some said my nose was fine, some said it might depend on what i would like to get done. I am unsure of whether my nose is wide. Some days i do and others i feel it is huge. It always seems to look huge in photos. I plan on asking when i go in for a consult but i don't want thr doctor to sell me on something i don't need. I am just unsure whether it is due to weak chin or other.

Follow up: is my nose bridge too wide? Should I get a rhinoplasty along with my planned chin implant?

+2
I do not see much that can be improved, so my inclination would be to leave it alone.

Rhinoplasty

+1
My answer would depend on your profile. If you are pleased with your profile, I don't thin a rhinoplasty would accomplish much.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty with My Chin Implant?

+1
After reviewing your pictures I must admit that I'm not sure if I would recommend a rhinoplasty. I need to talk to you after examining your nose to give you my recommendations. Profile views of your nose would also help me.  If you walk away from your consultation  feeling that you've been sold something, find another concerned experienced surgeon.

+1
It is hard to give you much advice about your nose.  In one photo, the bridge appears thin; in another it is a bit wider.  I suggest consults with a couple of facial plastic surgeons and decide from there.  Mostly, you have  a very attractive face, so if your nose doesn't really bother you...don't jump into anything.  As for your chin, there is no side view to evaluate.  If you would like to send a side photo, feel free.

Rhinoplasty

+1
I can't tell much from the photo, but it really depends upon what you are looking for. Going through with surgery is a commitment of the patient to want to do it.  Good luck.

Rhinoplasty for wide nose and chin implant

+1
The decision to perform a rhinoplasty is up to the patient, not anyone else. Wide nasal bones can certainly be narrowed with osteotomies to refine the bridge line. Other adjustments to the nose such as  removal of any hump and narrowing the tip can also be performed at same time, if necessary. A chin implant is performed when patients have a recessive chin to help with facial balance. This is a very common combination in our practice. 

Rhinoplasty or not for "wide" nose?

+1
Rhinoplasty or not for "wide" nose? Your nasal bridge does not appear unattractive so unless it really bothers u leave it alone. 

Is My Nose Too Wide?

+1
Dear LilyChin,

The tip of your nose is slightly bulbous but by no means large or huge.

If this bothers you, rhinoplasty can help refine the shape of your nose.

Chin augmentation may also improve the balance of your face and help make your nose appear less prominent.

Nobody "needs" cosmetic nose reshaping. You are the only one who can and should decide for yourself whether rhinoplasty is a good choice for you.

Warmest wishes,
Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD