Follow Up with With More Pictures for my BA Gone Wrong Question (photo)

Hi, Thank you for the response to my previous question. Here are a few more pictures like you asked for Dr. De Mars, hopefully this will help.

Double bubble after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question.  The double bubble deformity will not go away on its own.  At some point you will need revision breast augmentation with possible implant change.

Double Bubble

+1

You have the classic Double Bubble Deformity.  The implant has descended below the breast tissue border.  There are several methods of correction.  There is no need to wait since it will not get better with time.  Go back to your plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Implant Malpostion

+1

I don't know how long it has been since your surgery, but you will need plication of the inferior breast pocket and possibly a smaller implant to correct your problem.  It is best to wait long enough for the capsule to form around the implant before undergoing revision.

Donald Griffin, MD

Implant issues

+1

It looks liek the implant have descended below the fold and the breast base is narrower than the implants. You probably need a revision to adjust them.  Perhaps smaller implants and a pocket adjusement.

Follow Up with With More Pictures for my BA Gone Wrong Question

+1

Nothing beats a physical exam but based on the photos it seems the implants extend  outside your breast perimeter. It happens sometimes, unfortunately. The fix is to do an internal repair of the capsule but you need to wait at least 3-4 months after the original surgery. I don't remember all the details, but I think these are pretty big implants. You need to make sure the base width of the implant is less than the base width of your breast so this doesn't happen again. When I do this type of repair surgery I request the patient avoid any heavy chest muscle activity for at least 8 weeks and that they wear a well fitting bra with an underwire to take the weight of the implant off the repair. They wear the bra 24/7 for at least 8 weeks also. It usually works, but not always. The bigger the implant the less likely the repair will hold up.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD