Would Revision With Larger Implants Correct? (photo)

43 yo, breasfed 4, 4weeks postop. Would revision with larger implants correct? If so, size, type?, preop left was much lower than right; right slightly to right. left corrected with 325cc mentor mod profile silicone and lift, but right not full. Notice in bra/bathing suit. I really want more fullness, esp. on top.,My ps did suggest 2 surgeries, but I went smaller to avoid 2. Now kicking myself.. He's willing to revise;. just want opinion on what would be best..

Wait 3- With Implants6 Months Before Revising Breast Lift

+3

Thank you for your question. 4 weeks is far too early to be considering a revision. Right now there are implants look high and are displacing your nipple areola complex lower. After 3 or more months the implants will fall lower into a more normal position and project your nipples more forward. At this time they will look more normal to you.

If you do in fact want to be larger after waiting for final implant position then a revision with larger implants can certainly be done

Breast asymmetry

+1

At 4 weeks it is too early to evaluate your result. The nipple-areolar orientation may improve. You might benefit from a revision of the mastopexy on the left side and slightly larger saline implants to achieve the best poosible symmetry. Your plastic surgeon will outline your options.

Terry A. Cromwell, MD (retired)
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Would Revision With Larger Implants Correct?

+1

Yes but wait 3 months at least before having any revision to allow better healing. Like the idea of your PS in having two surgeries. 

Revision of Breast Aug-Lift

+1

Thank you for your photographs.  A larger implant would not help.  You need to send your before photos so I could see your asymmetry prior to surgery.  You need a better lift.  Additionally, if a woman has significant asymmetry I will defer to saline implants because I can fill them to different volumes.  

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Difficult to Judge Early Result

+1

It's obviously too early to judge the ultimate result but it appears as if both implants are TOO HIGH!!!  You should be wearing a Breast Band (Bando) 24/7 and performing displacement exercises to improve the position of the implants.  Hopefully, they'll settle and fill out the lower pole of your breasts thereby elevating the position of the areola.  Once everything has healed if you still want larger breasts with more upper pole fullness putting in larger implants is a simple operation.

Eric Sadeh, MD

Desiring a larger breast implant size after breast lift / augmentation

+1

You are very early in the post operative course.  Once things have settled down you may consider switching out to a larger implant volume.  In our office we use the Vectra 3D imaging system.  This allows the patient to have more input on implant size and avoids problems such as this.  

Revision of augment/pexy

+1

I would recommend patience.  With mastopexy, the final results are commonly not seen for several months.  I think you have plenty of upper pole fullness already.  If, six months down the road, you think you'd like to go bigger, you can always have additional surgery but the risks should be discussed with your plastic surgeon.  This may turn out to be a very acceptable result.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Early Combination Breast Lift and Implants Result

+1

You need to give this result 3 to 6 months settle and then decide...not now. As the implants drop you may find out that only a little more lift is needed. But if more fullness up top is what you want, then larger implants (25% to 33% bigger in volume) with a small revision of the lift can be done.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

After mastopexy/lifts patience is your best friend

+1

Your breasts will look much different 3-6 months post op than they do at 4 weeks so planning a revision based on your current appearance is premature. 

Evan Feldman, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. If your goal is larger breasts with more volume “on top”, larger breast implants  may be helpful. For patients who experience breast implant displacement,  internal suture repair of the breast implant pockets (capsulorraphy) may also be indicated.

You may find the attached link helpful as you learn more about options.