Follow Up-do I Need Chin/neck Lipo and Or/ Chin Implant or Something Else? (photo)

Both doctors provided good feedback in that a neck lift is probably too aggressive at this point and weight loss is key to get the chin neck/definition I desire. I feel that there is no clear definition between my chin and neck and that it "slopes" down. Wondering if liposuction of the chin and/or neck and/or a chin implant is the more appropriate procedure, or if there is another procedure altogether. I also wanted to add a clearer photos of my profile view to demonstrate the problem.

Neck liposuction can create very impressive results

+2

based on your pictures I think you would see a great improvement in your neck contour with neck liposuction alone.  The key to success in my opinion is very strict neck garment wear.  You must wear this at all times for 2 weeks minimum to allow for the skin to heal and adhere to the floor of your mouth.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

What will help enhance my neck and jawline definition

+2

Neck liposucton is very effective at enhancing the contour of the jaw line and removing excess fat. That being said, I would try and get as close as you can to your ideal weight before entertaining thoughts of surgery. Often times, weight loss will do what surgery can do but even better. Looking at your pictures it does not appear that you need to lose that much weight. Regarding your chin, it would be nice to get better profile pictures. From what you have provided I would advise that, at most, you would need a small chin implant.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Chin implant with liposuction.

+2

It looks like your chin is fine. A liposuction would help but if you have excess skin that is sagging it would make that worse.

Chin or Neck Liposuction for a Defined Jawline

+1

From your side view photo, you appear to have a decent angle between your chin and neck (also referred to as the cervicomental angle). It may be that the jawline being less clearly defined in this photo is adding to your perception of the "slope" down you referred to . I don't believe a chin implant is indicated. Deciding if neck or chin liposuction procedure is appropriate is dependent on a physical examination of the skin to determine if there is enough excess fat to justify a neck liposuction procedure. 

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Neck liposuction and/or chin implant

+1

A chin implant will only increase anterior chin projection.  There is just a mild retrusion noted in the preoperative photo.  It is important that a necklift/liposuction is performed when the patient is at an ideal body weight.  Simple liposuction will help remove fat in the neck, but will not give a really defined jaw line nor will it remove any subplatysmal fat.  The appropriate procedure for you is best determined after you have reached an ideal body weight. 

Neck liposuction improves neck line

+1

I think that you basically had good advise from the surgeons you saw. It would appear that you have good chin balance and that your main problem is a bit too much fat in your upper neck region and therefore liposuction using a small cannula is recommended. We typically do it in the office under local anesthesia. Being young you will have good elasticity and therefore I don't think that any sort of neck or other lift will be required for a nice improvement.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Neck Liposuction and Conservative Chin Enhancement Can Help

+1

After study of your photographs, I do think that conservative augmentation of your chin (with fillers or an implant) will help. In addition, submental and neck liposuction may help but this needs to be verified by physical examination.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Follow Up-do I Need Chin/neck Lipo and Or/ Chin Implant or Something Else? (

+1

Aesthetically speaking, your chin appears aesthetically appropriate however there is excess fat of the face and neck.  Micro-liposuction would improve the contour of both IMHO.  Be sure the surgeon you select understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.

Liposuction alone can help improve the neckline in certain patients

+1

Liposuction alone can help improve the neckline in certain patients. Based on your photos it does appear that the issue concerning you is an excess of fatty tissue in your neck. This has the effect of blunting that nice sharp neckline that is so attractive. To be sure, you would require a consultation to determine the most appropriate treatment but we've had great success with liposuction alone for this sort of issue. In someone as young as you are the skin will tighten after liposuction in most cases providing the definition that you are seeking to your neckline.

Sincerely,

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon