Foam Sclerosing Solution for Facial Vein Treatment?

Injection treatment is suggested for veins on my nose as the laser treatments (Sciton) produce temporary results and the veins reappear (although to lesser degree). However, it is my understanding that the typical solution may cause discoloration (such as permanent brown spots). I have also heard about a newer solution (foam-based) being used that does not create risk of discoloration at the treatment site. Any information or opinions about this solution/treatment will be greatly appreciated.

Foam Sclerosing Solution for Facial Vein Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. Foam solutions are often used for thicker leg veins. I would urge caution in use of any product not FDA approved, especially on the face. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist , plastic surgeon, or oculoplastic surgeon with expertise in vein treatments for the most effective and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Facial veins

+1

In my opinion laser is the best treatment-if the vessel are red or pink then the Vbeam Perfecta pulsed dye laser made by Candela. It they are purple then believe it or not a hair remval laser such as the Gentlase also made by Candela has been show to work.

Vicki J. Levine, MD

Sclerosing for Facial Veins, what to use?

+1

I would recommend Asclera, it has just gained FDA clearance for the use of sclerosing veins, all the way from large varices to smaller reticular veins. It does have a risk of hyperpigmentation, but it has been proven to be the best sclerosing agent available these days. Another option is stab phlebectomy, good luck and be sure to be confident in your surgeon.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon