Flying 3 Weeks After Accidental Juvederm Artery Injection?

I had juvederm injected in my nasal folds 3 weeks ago and by accident, some went into the artery. I was treated with an enzyme to dissolve the juvederm and also had to use nitrol paste and was going for hyperbaric oxygen therapy. The skin didn't die or anything - now there is just some redness and blotchiness but the pain and numbness is pretty much gone. I am supposed to fly to England from TOronto tomorrow (an eight hour flight). Will flying pose a problem for me?

Flying 3 weeks after Juvederm was accidentally injected into an artery?

+1

You are probably fine but I recommend you check with your physician to be sure you are healing well and are out of danger of tissue compromise before flying. 

Always Best to Check in Person

+1

Too bad you had such a complicated experience with your Juvederm injections. We love the product and we see very little reactions/effects like yours. It is great that your physician was proactive to help fix the problem. I do not think it is a problem to fly, however the physician that knows your specific case in detail will be able to give you the best advice.

Good luck and consider going to a board-certified plastic surgeon, dermatologist or opthamologist for your next esthetic appointment. Never do anything you are not comfortable with.

Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon