I Will Be Flying to Ireland After Restylane is This Safe?

Face

Restylane - Safe to Fly Afterward?

+1

It shouldn't be a problem.  Of course, as with any injection there's always the possibility of some swelling, bruising, discoloration, etc but as long as you're okay with that there's no reason not to fly.  Waiting 24-48 hours may be helpful (for you - in case you have a question) but is not necessary.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Flying after Restylane or Juvederm or Botox or Dysport

+1

There is generally no major specific side effect known to flying after facial injectables like Restylane, Juvederm, Botox, or Dysport, but even so, I recommend ideally waiting to fly until the next day, or at least several hours, so if you do have any concerns or natural side effects, you can reach your physician and be seen right away to evaluate. Having a problem on an airplane or in a foreign location is not a good situation to be in!

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Flying After Filler

+1

As other panel members have stated, you are safe to fly after your restylane injection.   Enjoy your travels.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Safe Travels!

+1

Yes - you should be fine to travel. I have seen no complications in patients with flying. Depending on how soon your appointment is to your flight, you might experience bruising still. But this would be normal. Best of luck to you!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Flying after Restylane

+1

It should be no problem traveling after the injection.

Safe travels.

Flying after having a Restylane Treatment is SAFE

+1

Restylane injections do NOT carry with them any of the blood clotting risks seen with Plastic Surgery operations (such as Tummy Tuck etc). While you may have an uncommon complication after the treatment, it is VERY rare that such a complication could be related to your flight.