Flying Home 9 Days After a Tummy Tuck. Flight is 1hr 30 Mins. Will the Pressure Have a Adverse Effect?

Flying after tummy tuck.

+1

I agree with the previous doctors in that pressures should not be an issue and that staying hydrated and walking are paramount to help prevent blood clots or DVTs. While sitting in your seat pump your feet up and down like pressing on the brake or accelerator of a car and that will help keep the blood from pooling in your legs for the short flight. Good luck.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Flying after a tummy tuck

+1

Flying should not have any effect on your results.  However, it's important to walk around during the flight to help prevent any blood clots from forming in your legs.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Flying after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy of operation.  You will find that any in-flight pressure changes should not have any adverse effects.  I would suggest staying very well hydrated and walking frequently.

+1

Thanks for your question. First of all, pressure should not cause any adverse events. Secondly, assuming you are on a commercial flight, the cabin with be pressurized. Good luck with your upcoming surgery, thanks for the question.