Flying to 3 Different Countries for Different Procedures?

planning few PS procedures by different doctors in 3 different countries 2 weeks apart. is there anythign wrong with this senario? first going to DR for Full Lipo/BBL under general anesthesia, then flying to korea for mandible reduction and rhinoplasty under general anesthesia, then 2 weeks later fly to US for breast revision/internal bra to fix 2 months unsuccessful bottomed out implants. plz advice

Not recommended at all!

There's no safe way to perform all these procedures in that time spam. It will mean serious risk and no patient should go under that kind of journey.

Medical Tourism not recommended

WOW! What a recipe for disaster. Your risk for having a major post operative complication such as Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) is so high that you will need to be on blood thinners post op that could lead to major hemorrhage and blood loss with the next surgeries. No reasonable plastic surgeon would OK this triad of almost certain problems. Re think this sequence of events and maybe have one procedure performed at a time separated by a much longer recovery period.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Country jumping for different cosmetic operations is treacherous.

He described three considerable operations to be performed in three separate countries. I think this is extremely unwise. There are excellent surgeons in one city in the United States that can take care of your aesthetic needs to be available to deal with any complications.

Don't do it

You are setting yourself up for problems and complications. There is no scenario that should require 3 different doctors, let alone 3 different continents. 

Robert J. Schwartz, MD

Multiple tandem surgical procedures

Seems that you have done lots of homework on who you feel will meet your needs.  My concerns for anyone with such an ambitions schedule are : who will do your follow-up care and deep vein thrombosis(DVT)/ pulmonary embolus risk.  I would recommend that you get a recommendation from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area BEFORE you begin your planned adventure and address these issues. Warmest regards

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Medical Tourism

Hello there 

The two most obvious problems you are likely to face are the risk of blood clots from travelling so far so soon after surgery , and inadequate follow-up of your procedures from being at a distance . This means complications may develop and become major when closer observation may have nipped them in the bud .

Frankly I think what you are doing is madness 

Terrence Scamp 

Terrence Scamp, MBBS, FRACS
Gold Coast Plastic Surgeon

International travel for plastic surgery, is it a good idea?

I will only answer briefly to echo the concerns posted by other plastic surgeons. There are far more reasons not to do this, especially to 3 different countries, than the decreased costs. I'm not sure where you are located but my guess would be there are fully qualified board-certified plastic surgeons close enough to you to care for you before, during and as you recover from surgery.

Dr Edwards

Multiple surgeons, multiple countries not a good idea

So many procedures a few weeks apart and with international travel is risky. Another issue is who is going to do the follow-up care for each of these operations? Save your money and find someone qualified closer to home.

Richard Baxter, MD

Surgeon Shopping

I always ask myself " if this were my wife or sister, would I do this"? The answer is of course not. You don't have to research the world and travel to multiple countries to find great plastic surgeons. Stay close to home for long term follow-up even if you choose multiple surgeons. Make certain you recover adequately from one surgery before having another. There are too many risks in what you are planning.

George Weston, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon

Medical Tourism for different procedures

In my opinion you are risking your health and results by flying to multiple countries for multiple procedures.  First of all, you are increasing your risk for the development of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) with all that idle time traveling in a plane, then combining this with surgery under general anesthesia.  This is a potentially DEADLY combination if you develop a pulmonary embolus during or after surgery, that is when the clot that develops in your legs moves to your lungs.  Next, what if you have complications, or do not like your result, then you have no recourse for fixing them.  My suggestion, pick a surgeon you like and feel comfortable with IN YOUR HOMETOWN, stick with him or her, then STAGE your procedures.  There are plenty of excellent, well qualified ASPS, ASAPS or ISAPS surgeons in this country who can deliver your results effectively and safely.  Good luck and take care!