Safe to Fly a Week and a Half After Breast Augmentation?

I plan on flying (4 1\2 hours) a week and a half after getting Breast Implants (under the muscle). How safe is this?

Flying after breast augmentation surgery

+2

In New York City, we often have patients from out of the area who come here for surgery. In general, I ask that they stay for 7 to 10 days, at which time it is acceptable for them to fly home.

The cabins on airplanes are pressurized and I do not see flying as an issue. On a 4 and 1/2 hour flight, I would recommend that anyone, regardless of surgery, get up and walk every hour or so to prevent pooling of the blood in the legs.

No strenuous activity for 2 to 3 weeks.

Web reference: http://www.antell-md.com/newyorkplasticsurgeon/breastimplants_nyc.htm

Flying after breast augmentation

+2

I ususally ask my patients to avoid flying for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks the chance of bleeding is less. If there is post operative bleeding you want to be neer your surgeon to get immediate attention.

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Flying a week and a half after breast augmentation

+2

IT is generally safe if your procedure was uneventful. Be cautious with lifting any luggage as this may put undue strainon the muscle or wounds. In any event please make your surgeon aware of this as they may have other recommendations or advice.

Flying after breast augmentation

+2

If you have an uneventful recovery then it should be ok to fly. I would recommend being very careful with lifting and using your pecs minimally. Also during such a long flight , I would get up frequently and stretch your legs to avoid blood clots. Make sure you see your Plastic surgeon just before leave to get checked .

Medford Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I usally ask people to stay in town for a week to 10 days and I ask them to take an aspirin before they fly as well, I also ask them to wak every hour and to stay well hydrated 

+1
In terms of aircraft cabin pressure, I would not expect that flying would be problematic 10 days after surgery. My concern would be twofold: 1/in purchasing a ticket before you were able to assess the postoperative recovery and 2/access to a plastic surgeon in the event that you developed a complication. You should try to walk during the flight to reduce the risk of a postoperative embolism and should not lift heavy objects including suitcases.

Flying After Breast Augmentation?

+1

Yes,  it should be safe to fly after a breast augmentation procedure assuming you can avoid heavy lifting and ambulate frequently.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/

Flying after Breast Augmentation

+1

If your recovery is uneventful, I would certainly allow to fly ten days after breast augmentation. I would encourage you to continue post operative muscle stretching exercises and if you have a longer flight get up and stretch your legs every hour or so.

Breast augmentation

+1

if no complications occur and you are pain free, traveling should not be a problem after breast augmentation. 

Flying soon after breast augmentation

+1

If the surgery goes well without any healing problems such as a hematoma, 10 days is probably okay. I would not lift any luggage and wear a snug fitting bra garment.

Placing the implant under the muscle requires more healing time until the muscle begins to relax. This is why it is important to not lift your arms above the shoulders for your travel after the surgery.

If there is any concern about excessive discomfort and swelling, I would delay the travel for 2-3 weeks.

Naples Plastic Surgeon