Can I fly after surgery (BBL)

When patients travel far, across the country for example, to get to their doctor for this procedure. How long will I have to wait before I can fly back home. My flight will be about 6hrs. Any advice or pre planing I should do to prepare for this. Will sitting on my butt for that long be possible. Are than any other options?

BBL and flying

+1
I prefer patients to stay in town for a week or longer if they can. However, if they have a complication then it is best to stay longer. Best to ask your surgeon their preferences.

Can I fly after surgery

+1
I have patients from all over the US, Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia, etc. and there is always a way to manage a patient after a properly performed surgery.

Try to research this to find the surgeon who consistently produces the results you would expect. Look at reviews on this site and see who gets the surgery right every time.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Long flight

+1
Hello, thank you for your question. You should not have any problems with the flight, what you should do however is talk with your plastic surgeon to agree upon how many days should you stay there. For a BBL I like a minimum of 10 days, but 15 days would be better, so I can supervise the drainage process and be sure you won't have any mishaps once you return home

Jose A. León, MD

Can I fly after surgery

+1
Thank you for your question, Patients visit us from all over the world, when their flights are long such as yours we regularly advice to stay at least seven to ten days within the area before traveling back home, this way the will give some time for the newly transferred fat cells to survive, once flying home we advice to take a donut pillow during the flight.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon