Flying After Breast Augmentation - Medication?

My breast augmentation surgery was about a week ago, and I plan on taking a 4.5hour plane ride in 6 days. Is it safe for me to travel? I'm a very bad flyer and take adavant to calm my nerves. What pills can I take to calm my nerves AND relieve the pain from my recent breast augmentation?

Breast Augmentation

+1

You should discuss this with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as you are still in the post operative phase of your procedure and you will want to discuss the risks with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon before you fly on a trip this soon after a procedure.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Go Ahead and Fly

+1

Your Surgery has been over a week ago. All of your anesthesia is clearly out of your system. It sounds like you get stressed form flying anyway. Your procedure will not interfere with your travel. Taking a mild sedative on the plane would be acceptable. Something like low dose Ativan, etc. Enjoy your trip. Do not over medicate, or stress out.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon