Flying After Brazilian Butt Lift

Some surgeons recommend that patients not sit for up to three weeks following the Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure. What about patients that need to fly home after 7-10 days? Hotels are expensive! Would my result be compromised by flying home 10 days after surgery? Is there anything a patient should do during flight so as to not compromise the results of the surgery?

Flying After Brazilian Butt Lift

+4

There are no exact scientific studies which would tell us when exactly it is safe to compress and shear the buttocks with undue damage to the underlying fat grafts. Our information on this topic is largely "anecdotal" (based on isolated observations by various surgeons instead of being backed by scientific studies). The logic is that avoiding compression - decompression of the grafted fat allows the creation and voids the disruption of nourishing blood supply to the grafts. If the blood supply does not form or is destroyed the fat will die and the volume will be lost.

I advise my patients to stay off the grafted areas for 14 days. Is staying off for 21 days better? probably but no one knows.  Can you get by with only 10 days instead of 14? No one knows. If you must fly, I would recommend getting up frequently and walking to the back of the plane and "hanging out" for a while. The other passengers may think you have a GI or bladder issue but in this way you will compromise the need to travel with that of preventing compression and shear to the grafted areas.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter A Aldea

Air travel after brazilian buttock lift

+2

You can fly a week after surgery as long as you walk a few times on the plane and sit on a soft cushion or pillow to minimize the force on the transferred fat cells. Your result will not be compromised if you fly 10 days after surgery; using pillows and trying to sit on your side/hip will also help. Walking a few times durng the flight helps with your circulation in your legs and decreases the chance of  developing a blood clot (DVT) in your legs.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD