Is It Safe to Fly 14 Days After Smart Lipo?

I had Smart Lipo on the arms.

Flying after Smart Lipo

+1

Thank you for your question.  It is safe to fly after 2 weeks as long as you stay hydrated and either walk or do some basic stretching exercises in the airplane while seated. As you can imagine the feared complication is a blood clot in your legs that migrates into your lung. This can be easily prevented by taking simple precautions and following the advice of your surgeon.  

Travel after Smart Lipo

+1

Travel safety after liposuction has much to do with the risk of DVT and the area of liposuction.  At the three week point, it is safe to travel as long as you have clearance from your surgeon, you drink plenty of fluids, and take frequent walk breaks in the plane.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Smartlipo and flying

+1

It should be OK to fly 2 weeks after surgery. You just want to stay well hydrated on the plane and you should get up periodically to stretch your legs and ambulate.

Check with your surgeon

+1

It is always best to check with your surgeon, but I see no contraindication to flying 2 weeks after Smartlipo to the arms.  Most patients have little swelling or bruising by then.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon