Is it ok to fly abroad after breast augmentation?

I am 50 years of age and have just undergone breast augmentation. Is it ok to fly abroad in a few months time after having breast implants and please give me any advise.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

I ask people to wait 10 days, if they have to fly earlier I ask them to take an aspirin and get up every hour and stay very hydrated

Flying after breast augmentation.

A few months is plenty of time to wait before flying after breast augmentation.  You may have some soreness with the change in pressure so maybe take some Advil before flying. This may occur up to a few months after surgery. Also my patients who live at high altitude have experienced some temporary sloshing when they come back from sea level. You may get thsi after a plane ride too. It goes away in a few days. 

In most cases it should be fine but I don't know the details of your case. You should ask your PS. 

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

No problems with flying 2 months after breast surgery

There really aren't any restrictions 2 months after breast surgery. Flying can be done safely and without concern, as long as you have healed normally. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Flying after breast surgery.

Thanks for the question.  There are no restrictionsi on your travel after having Plastic Surgery.  Once you are well healed( a month or so after the surgery). You should have no problems with traveling any distance.  Just be sure you are not carrying heavy  suitcases or luggage short of one month after the surgery.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Flying after breast augmentation

There is no reason to avoid flying after breast augmentation. In breast augmentation there is nothing different than in any other procedure. There are so many people worldwide that travel even almost immediately after the operation. I do not know why there is discussion only for breast augmentation and not for all the other procedures. There is no problem if you fly even few days after your operation. You have to discuss it with your doctor and he knows how many days he wants you to be available in short distance after an operation. Of course you must not force your arms and your body generally few days after any operation.

Flying after breast augmentation

Our typical recommendation is to wait 2-3 weeks before flying only to avoid the need to use your arms to lift luggage.  Flying in and of itself it of really no harm to the implants. Lifting anything greater than 10 lbs is restricted for the first few weeks to allow the muscle adequate time to heal.

Deborah Pan, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Flying abroad after breast augmentation

You are fit to fly after 3 weeks of your breast augmentation.

Dr.Ram Bhupal Rao

Ram Bhupal Rao, MD, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Flying after breast augmentation

A few months after breast augmentation is plenty of time and unless there have been unexpected complications, you will have recovered fully by then. You will be absolutely fine to fly. 

Roy Ng, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Yes, it is ok to fly a few months after your breast augmentation, as long as your surgery goes as planned. Good luck!

C. Andrew Salzberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon