Fluid Between Tissue Expander and Skin - Should I Be Worried?

I have two areas of fluid between my breast skin and tissue expander. The exchange surgery is in eight weeks. Anyone have this and if so is it a problem? There is slight bulging in the areas of fluid.

Fluid around expander

+1

This is very common.  Unless there is redness or signs of infection or bleeding, this should not be a problem. 

Tissue expander and fluid

+1

It is fairly common to have a little bit of fluid around the expander.  As long as it is not infected, it should be OK to continue filling the expander.

Extra-expander fluid

+1

Unless the fluid is a sign of bleeding or infection or distorting the expansion process, I doubt if it will be a problem.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD