Fluid in my Abdomen Post Tummy Tuck?

had a tummy tuck in Mexico by a very reputable surgeon. He was schooled in the US. I am almost 3 weeks post op and just this ? Why is it happening?

Fluid after liposucion

+2

I agree with Dr.Moneer,This is the most frequent complication of liposuction called seroma and the solution is simple.By aspiration.It some times becomes a recurrent phenomena and have to be sucked out every 2 - 3 weeks until settles down.Use of pressure garments help.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Seroma following tummy tuck

+1

It sounds like you have what is called a seroma which is a collection of healing fluid.  A seroma after a tummy tuck is not necessarily rare, however it should be addressed since it can form a pseudobursa which is essentially thick scar tissue beneath the abdominal fat.  The seroma should be drained and reassessed every few days until it does not collect anymore.  Persistent seroma collection may indicate the presence of contaminated suture material or a pseudobursa which will need to be  addressed surgically.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Fluid after tummy tuck

+1

A fluid collection underneath a tummy tuck is a possible complication with the procedure.  A small one my resorb but a large one may require drainage.  See your surgeon for evaluation and treatment.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Fluid in abdomen following tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for the question. I think you need to contact your plastic surgeon about that. It seems to me that you have a seroma ( which is fluid collection under the skin flap). If that is the case then you need to have it aspirated. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD