What Could "Fluid Filled Lump" in Each Breast Near Incision Under the Breast of Saline Implants Be? (photo)

Had augmentation in 2001, my husband found a small kind of pocket or odd "lump" in each breast. Had mammogram and sonogram and the Dr. told me they cannot tell me what it is and that I can wait till 6months go by and monitor the lumps. I am quite uncomfortable with this process. What could this be? They were encouraged as it is not a solid mass, but should I have the implants out?

Lumps under the scar

+1

I think sofa you have done all the right things. It could be a cyst, but in some occasions, in patients with saline implant they can feel the fill port of the implant under the skin. Since it is on both side and under the scar, then may be one of the causes for lump feel. You do not have to remove the implants for that. I agree with repeating the exam, mammogram and ultrasound in 6 months.

Breast “Lumps" and Breast Implants?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your description, it sounds like you have cystic breast lesions. As long as you have been seen and evaluated by reputable physicians and the lesions have been found to be benign,  I do not think you have much to worry about.

I also do not see any reason to have your breast implants removed if you are pleased with the size/shape/appearance of your breasts.

If you still are in doubt or have anxiety seek second opinions for evaluation of the “lumps”.