Fluid Filled Bump 7 Months After Breast Reduction on Incision Line? (photo)

October 6th 2011 I had my breast reduction and have healed pretty well considering I havent used any oils or creams to fade my scars... but now I have this small (about the size of an eraser on a pencil) bump that seems to be filled with fluid. I have tried to pop it, though i know I should leave it alone but i cant sorry... and it will not pop... it worries me but the surgeon is just too far to drive to see right now financially. what could it be?

Fluid filled bump 7 months after breast reduction

+1

Thanks for your photo.  The most common reason is a suture granuloma or inclusion cyst.  If so, then it will require minor revisional surgery.  Speak with your plastic surgeon to help you with this.  Best of luck!

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Fluid filled bump at suture line

+1

The bump that you have may represent a small inclusion cyst or abscess from retained suture material or even skin components. If this is the case it  is usually easy to treat but you need to see your doctor to be properly evaluated.

Fluid Filled Bump 7 Months After Breast Reduction on Incision Line?

+1

The photo demonstrates an epithelial inclusion cyst from the suture line of the incision. See your surgeon for local care instructions as warm compresses, antibiotics, and possible incision.