Fluid Coming out of my Tooth After Veneers?

2 weeks ago I got veneers on my 2 top front teeth. Ever since the gum above the right tooth has been very sore & swollen. 2 days out a large blister formed on the gum. A week out I started feeling a bubble popping feeling in the gum. Soon after I felt a tearing nerve feeling. Then blood & fluid started gushing out of my actual tooth. My natural tooth is now grey. The gushes happened 3 times then everything seemed fine until today when happened again,worse. My dentist says its from the Novocaine.

A "gusher" is okay for an oil well strike, but not after a porcelain veneer on your front tooth!

+3

From what you describe there is something seriously wrong with both what you are observing, and the explanation from your dentist. The blister could be an abscess, the "gushing" is it draining and the tooth turning grey could be from devitalization (a dying nerve) from a pulpal exposure requiring root canal therapy. My advice is to get another opinion and the proper treatment. The recurrence of the "gushes" could be the abscess continuing to drain. 

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

+2

Most of the time, porcelain veneers have a very low complication rate. I am concerned about your situation since it keeps on happening and that your tooth has changed color.

I think you need to see your dentist right away and have an X-ray taken. It's possible that the nerve in the tooth has died. It's possible that you may have an abscess, so don't wait.

This is not very common with veneers.

Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Fluid coming out of gums

+1

I would get this checked immediately. There may be an infection in the tooth. You may want to consider a second opinion if your dentist says it is from the novocaine.

Miami Cosmetic Dentist