Fluid Build-up After Smart Lipo?

After Smart Lipo (I'm now 2 weeks post-op), I continue to have fluid buildup in my arms. I've had them drained (at least 4 drainages), but would like information on why this happens, and what are the best treatments for this? Is this normal? I am feeling very frustrated. Thanks for the answer.

Fluid build-up after Smart Lipo is not common

+1

Unfortunately, what you are experiencing is a very uncommon complication. I am wondering if the doctor who performed your procedure suctioned out the melted fat after performing the Smartlipo. If not, you may be having a reaction to the retained devitalized fat. Normally during the Smartlipo procedure, the fat is melted with the laser and the traditional liposuction is performed to suction out the melted fat.

Web reference: http://www.RealPlasticSurgery.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.