Fluid Absorption After Smart Lipo

I had smart lipo one month ago in my lower and upper abdomen. I wonder how long will it takes for my body to absorb the fluid that I have around my umbilical area? I was told that is fluid trap in the interstitial tissue and that eventually will disappear. Is there any thing that will help speed the process of absorption? Please advice!

There should be no swelling after a month

+2

You may have seroma and not normal swelling. Please check with your surgeon and if he or she is not a board certified plastic surgeon,get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. If the swelling is seroma,you will to have aspiration of the fluid

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after liposuction

+2

you are referring to edema, the interstitial fluid from inflammation and healing. Provided that the swelling is not a true fluid collection such as a seroma, nor retained fat that would need more liposuction, your swelling may take another month or more to decrease.  Compression garments may help. Your surgeon may agree to refer you for Endermologie or Velashape massage which can help reduce the swelling faster in some patients.

Ronald Shelton, MD