Fluctuating Nose Swelling & Warping 2 Years After Rhinoplasty Revision

I had my second open rhinoplasty op done two years ago. It was my third rhinoplasty overall. I have been waiting for the swelling to go down, but it just comes and goes. Cold air and heat makes nose to warp and swell more. There is some days huge fluctuation on the amount of swelling and warping that occurs. What might be the cause of these. I'm really depressed. My nose looks acceptable on some days, and other day just ugly. affected is the right side of the nose, warping over the right nostril

Fluctuating nose swelling

+1

Your pictures show a mild level of swelling which is normal - even with noses that have not undergone rhinoplasty - especially if there is thicker skin

Your nose looks good 

Fluctuating Swelling 2 Years after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not normal to have fluctuating swelling 2 years after your revision. You need to have a thorough examination to determine the cause of your problem. Try to see your surgeon when the swelling is present.

Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

Even after revision rhinoplasty, flucuating swelling should be resolved after a year.  Generally, with problems such as this, surgery or not, the cause is an inflammation of the lining of the nose.  Have your surgeon carefully examine the inside of your nose for the source. 

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon