When Will the Platypus Appearance Disappear?

Hi, 5 weeks postop for corrective functional and cosmetic open rhino/septoplasty Thin skinned, narrow, crooked nose from multiple injuries. PS said osteotomy wasn't performed, deviating from original plan. Dorsal bridge is wide, swollen! PS in another state, and have only had one post op appointment, which was the cast removal. There are no followup appts. scheduled. What do I do? I can't hop on over to see my surgeon for an eval of what he thinks is normal. frustrated,......please advise?

+2

Dear Smiling,

Thank you for your question.  Swelling is very common at this stage and may be a big component of what is going on with you.  When I fly a patient in for surgery, I have them keep sending me photos of their progress.  Have a phone conference in lieu of a in office visit and send photos.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Too early to judge result after a rhinoplasty

+1

You are too early in your post operative period to judge the final result.  Also removal of the splint adds to the swelling since you lose this degree of compression. 

Post rhinoplasty

+1

You are early in the post operative period and swelling is normal.   I would send a photo to your surgeon to evaluate your progress since only he knows what was done.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for the question.  I suspect that you are referring to the swelling of your upper lip after a rhinoplasty.  All swelling eventually goes away.  You will see an improvement each week but final swelling (90%) may not go away for a few months.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD