4 Weeks out of Revision Rhinoplasty and Hit my Nose

I am 4 weeks post op from a revision rhinoplasty to correct my tip mostly and slight work on my bridge. At one day away from my 4 week mark my fiancee jokingly put his baseball hat on my head which accidentally fell of my head hitting the middle of my bridge with the hard inside part of the visor. I am terribly concerned that I've caused possible damage. My nose looks fine but I'm still scared. Am I ok?

Nasal trauma after revision rhinoplasty

+2

Dear revision rhinoplasty patient from Florida,
Four weeks post revision rhinoplasty, majority of bony structure is healed well. A light basal cap falling on it would not cause any long term damage. As you indicated there was no changes post trauma. You should be fine. Enjoy your new nose.

Trauma 4 weeks post-op

+1

Although it is unlikely that you have caused any major damage it is always a good idea to have your surgeon examine your nose.

Sam Naficy, MD

Trauma after rhinoplasty

+1

From your description, most likely you will be fine.  We will know for sure in months from now when the swelling comes down and more subtle nasal features will be noticeable. 

A. John Vartanian, MD
Glendale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

"4 Weeks out of Revision Rhinoplasty and Hit my Nose"

I am sure you are fine...I actually have had a couple of similar issues or "events" with patients such as yours. Have even had a couple of patients involved in car accidents and airbags have hit the nose early after surgery.

At 4 weeks out, I assume you will be seeing your surgeon soon. Ask him or her their opinion.

Good luck!

Dr. C

John Philip Connors III, MD

Rhinoplasty swelling

+1

I do not think that your rhinoplasty is that sensitive.  I would advise you to observe the situation and take supplements to hasten the swelling phase of the rhinoplasty.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Trauma 4 Weeks after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It is unlikely a light baseball cap did any damage 4 weeks after surgery, especially if you have not seen any changes in the appearance of your  nose. Consult with your surgeon.

Nose trauma

+1

You should see your surgeon ASAP, to make sure there is no problem that need correction......................

If your nose looks fine, you likely didn't fracture it 1 month after your Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery..

+1

I read your concern. As long as your nose looks unchanged, and as long as your breathing is fine, it's unlikely you fractured your nose. Nasal trauma that could result in a change in the appearance of your nose would likely be associated with nasal bleeding, bruising, and swelling.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon