Vision Worst After Upper Eyelid Surgery?

My vision is worst after my Upper Eyelid Surgery about 2.5 months ago. What can be the cause of this? What direction should I go in right now to help get some answers? Also, I did not have any dry eyes prior to the operation. Now, I am diagnosed with very dry eyes. Thank you!

Vision Worse after Eyelid Surgery

+1

Dry eyes can lead to corneal problems, which can cause visual changes.  Dry eye symptoms usually resolve after upper blepharoplasty with time.  Artificial tears in the meantime.  See the ophthalmologist.

+1

There are reported cases of visual changes following upper eyelid surgery.  You might want to have your eyes examined by an eye doctor or consult with an occulo-plastic surgeon.  Most often these changes are temporary and are secondary to swelling and altered lymphatics due to the surgical trauma.

Vision change after blepharoplasty

+1

You should an ophthalmologist or oculoplastic specialist for evaluation. It may be related (dry eyes, etc) or unrelated.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Vision change following an upper eyelid blepharoplasty

+1

You are reporting two problems of concern,  vision problems and dry eyes following a blepharoplasty.   The two may be directly related.  I would schedule an appointment with your ophthalmologist to determine the etiology of these two problems.  Hopefully your condition can be medically treated and are temporary.  

Vision changes after upper eyelid surgery

+1

It is not uncommon to experience vision changes after eyelid surgery.  These changes are usually temporary and can be related to factors such as swelling and dryness.  Occasionally the position of the upper eyelid changes enough that a new prescription for glasses or contact lenses is needed.  As a general rule, if vision does not stabilize within a month or so after surgery and your surgeon cannot pinpoint the reason for your symptoms, it is a good idea to see your eye doctor.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon