Upper Eyelid Lift-Blepharoplasty Incision Looks High and Not In Crease/Reddish-Ro Tint?

I'm in my low 50's and had an upper eyelid lift 16 days ago. 3 questions: 1) The incision is not in the crease and a little higher up. Shall I expect that to drop/lower some w/ relaxing of the skin (as my eyes still feel stiff) since I am still in the early recovery stages? 2) Shall I expect the color surrounding the incision to improve? I have somewhat olive skin--not too dark 3) Any remedies for either of the 2 noted questions gels? (I.e. silicone gel) vitamin E? etc. for reddish-brown color?

Swelling post bleph

+1

Thisis not unusual.the color from the scar will fade over the months and the crease will settle in.No one is perfectly symmetrical.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Upper Eyelid Incision

+1

Eyelid incisions typically heal well with minimal scarring which is easily covered. The incision most likely looks higher from swelling and discoloration in the area. As the swelling decreases you should see things settle into the crease of the eyelid. As for the redness this is to be expected after any surgical procedure. Only time can really change the appearance of the incision. You will begin to notice decreased redness and thickness of the scar. Over time it will become smooth and pink until you see your scar become a thin white line which is barely noticeable. Vitamin e and other treatments could cause further irritation to the area. I have recently tried a scar gel from SkinMedica and have had very good results. The product is called scar recovery gel and can be purchased only from a doctor as it is medical grade. I have provided a link to the SkinMedica website which gives additional information about the product. For the best result you should let everything heal naturally and follow all instructions given to you by your surgeon.

Jon E. Mendelsohn, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Incision after Upper Eyelid Surgery

+1

The incision for eyelid surgery is hidden in the natural folds of the skin, and typically not noticeable once healed from plastic surgery. Initially after blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery, the incision may look higher, swollen, or red. The healing period varies for each patient and the extent of the procedure, but most of the recovery is within a few weeks. Topical ointment, such as petroleum jelly (ex Vaseline, Aquaphor) helps improve the appearance of the eyelid incision and reduce scars. Avoiding makeup in the early recovery period is important too, as it would interfere with the healing. Speak with your plastic surgeon regarding any concerns that you have. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from eyelid surgery

+1

Hard to say without photos, but you are still in the recovery period after a blepharoplasty.  The scar line usually heals to be imperceptible in the upper lid so I wouldn't worry about a visible scar line there.  I would only place ophthalmic ointments on the lid since they may affect your eye.  A mild steroid may help if you are having an excessive inflammatory reaction. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon