How long Does it Take For Scarring to Disappear After Upper Bleph?

About how long does it take for the scar line to disappear after receiving Upper Blepharoplasty? About how long does it take to fully appreciate the final results with all swelling gone? Thanks for your expertise.

Mature scar post bleph

+2

This can take several months.the scar to fully mature is a lengthy process but I woiuld think by 6-8 weeks you should have almost all the swelling gone and a great result.

Web reference: http://beautybybrueck.com

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Upper Blepharoplasty Scars

+2

The upper blepharoplasty scars are usually well concealed, but scars of any type tend to improve over about 1 year or so.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Eyelid Healing

+2

Upper eyelid incision lines can take several months to fully heal.  During the healing process the eyelid incisions can be red, bumpy, or nodular.  We recommend gentle Vit E massages to the upper eyelid incisions starting two weeks after surgery and continuing for a few minutes each night until the incision lines flatten out and blends into the surrounding tissues.  This massaging should be gentle.

Bonita Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery) Healing

+2

Thank you for your question. In most cases, the incisions are fully healed in 4-6 weeks (including subtle changes in contour and color). Generally, the "final" result can be seen withing 3-6 months, though this varies according to the patient's intrinsic healing and the extent of the surgical procedure. Best of luck!

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscofacialplasticsurgery.com/upper-bleph.php

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper Blepharoplasty Scars

+2

Most upper blepharoplasty scars are placed in the crease and should not be visible with your eyes open.

Scars can take 6 months to fade and fully mature.

Most results can be seen by 6 weeks and you should achieve full results by 4-6 months.

Scars will settle with time....up to a year after surgery

+2

I would say that 80-90% of the scarring will settle down in the first 3-4 months, but improvements will continue for about a year. At about 3 months, however, you should have a good idea what your final results would be.

The beauty of the upper blepharoplasty is that, a well placed incision will not even be visible in the lid crease unless the eyelids are closed and you are looking for them.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Healing After Blepharoplasty

+1

Patients heal differently after upper blepharoplasty surgery.  I tell my patients that the incisions will take up to a year to reach their final appearance.  The bruising usually resolves in one to two weeks.  Patients can usually resume work after about a week, especially if they are willing to wear makeup to cover any residual bruising.  After a month, most patients are very close to their final result.

Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.