What Type of Face Fillers (Including Fat) Are the Most Effective and Safest for the Jowls and Marionette Lines?

I'm 51 and am starting to get jowls and marionette lines. Two doctors said I can start off with face fillers to see how I feel about the result and look. Two other doctors suggested a cheek lift. Assuming that the face fillers are a good option, what type of face filler (including fat) are the most effective and safest for jowls and marionette lines? I understand face fillers may be more for marionette lines, but will they have some impact on slight jowling? Do fillers or fat last longer? Thanks

Facial fillers

+1

If a patient does not want a surgery ( i.e. facelift) or is not a candidate, then I would use hyaluronic acid fillers like Perlane or Juvederm.  If they want fat grafting, then harvesting of the fat is required ussually with some anesthesia.  I can also do it during a facelift.

Jowls and marionette lines do well with Juvederm and Perlane

+1

If you have deep smile lines or jowls that you want improved upon then I suggest Juvederm or Perlane.  It will last the longest and give you a natural looking result.  You should seek out an experienced injector to make sure it is done correctly.  Thermage also tightens the lower face and builds collagen in these problem areas.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.