What is the Name of the Surgical Technique Used to Get a Defined Jawline and Clean Neck Lift 'Dog Ears'?

I am in need of a THIRD surgery to correct the problem with dog ears on my neck and define my jawline. My original surgeon did a correction and he still did a bad job, so I am interviewing other plastic surgeons to correct the problems. Can you tell me the name I should use which would explain to the surgeon what specific METHOD should be used to correct the dog ears on my chin scar, and to give my jawline a nice definitive effect? Thank you for your help.

+1

This is all technique and surgeon driven and does not have a name. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, necklifts, facelift revisions, and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Necklift, Facelift, Dr. Adibfar, Plastic Surgeon Toronto

+1

Hello;

Unfortunately there are no specific name for what you are asking.

Just from your history it sounds like you need a full SMAS face and neck lift with adequate plication of the platysma muscle and adequate undermining and redraping of the skin in the areas behind and in front of the ears as well as the posterior and temple hairline.

This should give you a nice, smooth, natural looking and long lasting face and neck lift.

Thank you

Ali Adibfar, MD, DDS

There are no shortcuts to a facelift. Neck lifts and "mini-lifts" always need correction

+1

Dear jlosc,

Unfortunately there are no real means of obtaining the changes you are after without a facelift. A necklift alone is almost always a bad idea as tension and vectors need to be distributed through the neck and face to obtain a natural look. I would suggest that you consult with a plastic surgeon with experience performing a true SMAS facelift and make sure they understand your concerns. A SMAS facelift should give you nice jawline definition as well as other improvements with a more natural look. I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD