What is the Most Effective/safest Type of Lipo Method for Fat Transfer from Stomach, Flanks And/or Bra Area to Marionette Lines?

I am 51 and have heard negative stories about lipo and fat transfer. I heard there are different lipo methods. What is the most effective and safest type of lipo method for fat transfer from stomach, flank and/or bra area to marionette lines? Thank you!

Fat transfer and grafting

+1

As my colleagues have noted, there are many different techniques employed by surgeons for fat harvesting, treatment, and grafting. Some surgeons are proponents of using centrifuge technology, while others use standard techniques. Regardless of technique used there is a certain expected precentage of fat that will be resorbed, and a percentage that remains. The estimates with regard to these percentages vary widely. Definitely visit with a few Board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeons well-versed in these techniques, and you'll undoubtedly find the right surgeon for you. Hope this helps, and good luck.

Sincerely,

Dr. Daniel Kaufman

Most Effective/safest Type of Lipo Method for Fat Transfer

+1

A good question but there is not necessarily a clear and definitive answer.

Fat transfer (grafting) is one of the newest and most popular field within plastic surgery but there remains a lot of unknown.   In general, there is a certain percentage of absorption of any fat that is injected.  Exactly how much and where is somewhat unpredictable, which frustrates all involved.  And there are many different methods that are used; some appear to be contradictory but have claims of equal degrees of success.

You should, obviously, speak to a few different board-certified plastic surgeons to get their input for your individual situation.  Regardless of the method or methods chosen, it seems likely that repeated treatments are typically necessary to achieve optimal results.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Opinions Differ on Technique of Fat Transfer

+1

Plastic surgeons do not have a consensus on the best method for fat transfer.  To date there have been no controlled studies that that allow for an answer to be based on scientific evidence.  In general, the fat removal and processing should be gentle to prevent disruption of cells, so that the cells can survive when transferred.  The fat cells must be injected  in very small amounts so the blood vessels can grow into the particles in order to thrive.  There are a variety of ways in which this can be done successfully.  Have a discussion with a surgeon certified by the American board of Plasty Surgery and experienced in fat transfer.

Web reference: https://www.maryleepetersmd.com

Different nuances

+1

There are many different nuances to harvesting fat for facial fat grafting, and to date, none has proven to be more effective than another in a meaningful scientific fashion.

The one aspect of the harvesting that is accepted my most every surgeon is that the harvesting needs to be done by hand without machine assisted suction that is traditionally used for liposuction for body sculpting.

It is believed that the high negative suction created by the machine will somehow damage the fat cells and compromise their viability.

As far as safety goes, the possibility of bleeding is minimized by using tumescent local anesthesia prior to harvesting. This provides pain control AND shrinks the blood vessels in the area of harvest to minimize bleeding risk.

Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.