Do I Need a Revision on my Right Breast? (photo)

On 3-20-13 I had a breast lift and 350 cc silicone unders placed. I really don't like my right breast. It seems lower & larger than my left and has a puffy nipple that shows through my clothes or pajamas. When I lay down on my back, I still have loose skin on the right one as well. Do you think I need a revision, and what is involved in that procedure?

Revision post aug/mastopexy

+2

It is hard to see from the pictures but you are 3-4 months post op and I woul;d recommend seeing your surgeon who can guide you and perhaps soem simple maneuvers can be done to correct this.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Too early to judge the result of a breast lift / augmentation

+2

At this point it looks like you have a nice result and the problems that you have listed most likely can not be corrected surgically without a revision of your breast lift. You are still very early in the healing period, give it some time before you judge the final result.  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon, DR. Z

Don't see any reason for revision on these postoperative breasts.

+2

From the photographs shown it looks as though the results pretty good. You still have some healing ahead of you but I don't think a revision will be indicated.

Is a Breast Revision Needed?

+2

The initial swelling has subsided in the three months since your surgery but you will still notice subtle changes over the next three months.  I think that your result is good and looks appropriate for your postoperative interval.  I tell my patients that even with the best results, the breasts are not identical but more like sisters.  There is no substitute for an in-person physical exam to properly address your questions.  I would encourage you to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Philip E. Fleming, MD

Revision breast surgery decision will depend on your goal

+2

Hello Hippychick,

Thank you for the question and the photos.  While you do have some asymmetry of your breasts and areola positions it is still a little early in your recovery and it may be reasonable to wait longer especially if you are continuing to see changes in your breast shape.  Once the breast shape has stabilized you can discuss revision surgery with your plastic surgeon.  A combination of revision areolaplasty and pocket modification will likely be needed.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Need for Revision?

+2

I think your result looks very good so far. It's still abit early so I would let things heal more before making any decision. keep in mind that you had some significant asymmetry before surgery and that breasts are usually sisters not identical twins!

Ronald Schuster, MD

Do I Need a Revision on my Right Breast?

+2

It appears you have taken these in a mirror, reversing the normal right and left. The only photo among these that looks close enough and well enough lighted is the third, and the symmetry looks quite good. Standard photos would have your arms at your sides, but at least the arms look evenly positioned. 
I find myself looking at a rather nice improvement and fairly even outcome. Photos are not as good as in person exam, so best would be a visit to your surgeon to evaluate the areas of ;your discontent. 

All the best. 

Revision

+1
Unfortunately, without a complete history and physical exam and through pre operative photography there is not enough information to make an informed plan, please consult your surgeon or another local board certified plastic surgeon

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC