Realistic Expectations and a Question Regarding My Piercings? (photo)

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted large, fake-looking breasts, I would say that this desire has its roots in my early adolescence when I first heard of breast augmentation. I have wide shoulders and a large frame (5'11" in height) and before children I was barely an A cup. After 3 children and 5 years of breastfeeding the skin is looser. I wouldn't call it saggy as I was so small to begin with. How large could I expect to go in my first augmentation?

How to size your implants

+1

Most of us will determine optimal size by using measurements of your breasts and sizers in the office.  Your breasts appear to have a wide base diameter, so a large size diameter will be optimal.  You can then choose the amount of projection(profile) you want.  If you goal is also to elevate your nipple position, then a lift might be needed. Your best option is an exam by a board certified plastic surgeon.   Your piercings will likely be able to be preserved since there is no reason to close the holes.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Realistic Expectations and a Question Regarding My Piercings?

+1

The size in a primary augmentation can be determined by trying on sizers in the office to give an idea of volume.  Then the profile can be selected to fit the chest wall and breast imprint dimensions.  Acrylic retainers would be OK for the piercings.  Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

There's really no size limit for first-time breast augmentation.

+1

Your question is complicated but there is no limit to the size of implants you can have at the time of your first breast augmentation.

Augmentation and final volume

+1

To really "nail down" the right volume for you, I would have to evaluate you in person and get a medical history. You might need a small lift as well.

IMPLANT SIZE

+1

If you want a "fake" look,  I would suggest a large implant probably at least 500cc.  In order for you to select the best size your body can accommodate I would see a plastic surgeon in your area and try them on.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation candidate?

+1

From the side profile it appears that you have some degree of breast sagging.  It is possible that an implant could correct the problem and tighten your breast skin envelope as you desire.  An implant in the 450 to 500 cc would be my estimate.  A physical examination would be needed to determine the quality and laxity of your skin and breast tissue.  And yes you would most definitely need to remove the piercing during the surgical procedure.  They could be replaced the next day. 

Size and piercings with breast augmentation

+1

The best way to pick an implant is to have a plastic surgeon measure the width of your breast as well as measurements about nipple position in relation to your clavicle and your breast fold. They can recommend an implant that will fill out your skin and potentially help to avoid a lift.

Given your height you could probably carry a large implant (500-600). Just remember though, a larger implant (over 450ml or so) may be heavy, and within a few months it may exaggerate the amount of sag you have. You will most likely have to remove your piercings for surgery (or replace them with plastic) in order to prevent burns to the skin.

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

+1

Heading not match the description??? You can go to 500 cc range in implant use. Best to see a boarded PS in person. 

Achieving Goals with Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

Based on your pictures,  breast lifting, as well as breast augmentation surgery, is indicated.

In regards to the best breast implant size/profile to achieve your goals, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “fake” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Breast augmentation after pregnancy

+1

Without examining you I cannot tell you exactly how big you can go.  I would encourage you to also consider a breast lift at the same time as I think that would play a big part in giving you the look you describe.  Best of luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD