My Butt is High on my Back! With a Brazillan Butt Lift, Can This Problem Be Corrected?

5'9 227 lbs with square butt that sits extremely high. I've been assured by my physician that he will be able to fix this appearance with the BBL but I'm a little uncertain. This is quite a bit of money not to get what I want.

Can a BBL reposition the butt?

+2

It's hard to answer exactly without seeing a picture of you, but in general, the Brazilian Butt Lift can help with the position of the buttocks.  Fat can be added to the upper thighs lengthening your butt.  Combining this with liposuction at the top of the buttocks, the butt can be repositioned a bit lower.  Make sure you discuss your desires with your surgeon prior to your surgery date.  It is crucial that you and he or she are on the same page.

BBL

+1

A larger part of the aesthetics of the BBL is with proper suctioning of the lower back creating a flow from the waist to the buttocks

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Reducing height of Butt

+1

Without pictures, I cannot say for sure what is possible in your case.  That being said, it is very common with a Brazilian butt lift to liposuction the lower back area.  In so doing, it is possible to lower the top of the butt in many patients.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

High Butt and Brazilian Buttlift

+1

Brazilian buttlift requires something different for everyone.  Some patients have short buttocks, some, long buttocks, some, wide buttocks, some, narrow buttocks.  The relative height of the buttock can be effectively reduced with liposuction.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Changing appearance of butt.

+1

To give you accurate advice, you will need to post a photo with your request.  Brazilian butt lift removes fat from different areas creating the illusion of a narrower waist and rounder butt.  If it is fat at the top of your butt, it may be possible to reduce.  You should make an appointment to see a plastic surgeon and get his/her opinion.  

Brazillian Butt Lift Very Versatile

+1
Thank you for your question.  Brazillian butt lifts are very versatile in that it includes liposuction from areas where you don't want or need extra fat and transfer to areas that would benefit from augmentation or shaping.  If you have a high shelf, liposuction can be used to reduce it so that the overall appearance is better.  A more specific answer would require a picture. All the best.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon