Natrelle Saline Implants HP Subpectoral/submuscular? (photo)

What CC sizes are there for Natrelle Saline Implants between 300-400? My doctor showed me a 350 HP overfilled to 375 i believe which i thought was an awesome size, but he said it may still be too wide for my measurements so he is going to do a 300 or 330 i think it was and over fill. I was honestly wanting the 350 cc overfilled to 375-400. The last 2 pics i added is exactly the size i want. will either sizes achieve that? CC's really confuse me. I don't want to be disappointed i went to small

What Size of Implants

+1

In general, if a patient is only 50 cc or so over my recommendation, I will perform the surgery at that larger size.  The truth is that 0.5 cm is not that much of a difference in width.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Hughesplasticsurgery Los Angeles, CA

Implant sizes and photographic ideals.

+1

Your breast anatomy will ultimately dictate the range of implant which will fit. Although there is no one "perfect" preoperative sizing tool, using a sizing system can help a patient identify what is "too big" or "too small". Without an exam, we cannot tell you what 'cc' size you need. That is why you have the consultation in person with your Plastic Surgeon. If you are unsure, then the recommendation is to seek a second opinion. Finally, remember that saline implants are prone to rippling more than silicone implants. If you think this may be a concern for you, then you should careful consider having silicone gel implants instead.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Sizing saline-filled breast implants

+1

I see the usual gamut of responses to this question which in my opinion and experience include a lot of misconceptions or confusion.  

I do not feel external sizers or stuffing bras or looking at pictures of others in terms of goals is helpful and is even misleading. There is no way to accurately quantify breast size currently -- before or after the surgery. 

A breast implant is like a pillow behind your breast and fitting it properly is sort of like fitting your foot in a shoe or fitting your body in a dress. You don't start with the shoe size and work backward, you start with measurements. 

For round breast implants, the key to fitting is to make sure that the width (diameter) of the implant matches the internal width of your breast because that's what it's filling out. You can choose the forward profile of the implant because your tissues will accommodate that (between low, medium, and high) but you can't choose the width. Allergan (Natrelle) has a low, medium, and high profile saline filled implant that is scaled to the width. Mentor has only a medium and Moderate Plus (between the Allergan medium and high profile). Their high profile saline implant is not scaled to the width. 

A low profile fitted to the width of your breast will make it look about a cup size larger, the high profile (Allergan) 2 cup sizes larger, and the medium about 1 1/2 cup sizes larger than what it started from without changing your chest circumference. Your goal is to choose the profile, not the width and figure up one to two cup sizes from where you are now as it will look like your breast, not someone else's, about 1 - 2 cup sizes larger. 

Now you're ready to look at the cc's of an implant with the proper width for your breast and the profile you've chosen. The fill of a saline-filled implant allows some flexibility but it should be between the rated volume and no more than about 10% more to avoid causing rippling. Palpable rippling of a properly filled saline implant has to do with tissue coverage over the implant where the pectoralis muscle doesn't cover. 

The surgeon knows the implant will fit properly and you know (within the vague description of cup size) what the result should be. All the surgeon has to do is get the implant properly positioned and filled and you have to help get it healed there. Surprise, disappointment, and revisions should be at the most minimum.

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Right size for saline aug

+1

This is always a tough question but I generally make the pocket and then will insert various sized implants to see what your pocket can fit comfortably.I always tell my patients you can't put a gallon of milk in a quart container.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Why Does my Chest Feel Like Its on Fire?

+1

The saline sizes for HP allergan implants are, per catalog,

280-300

320-340

350-380

400-430

The width difference between the 320 and the 350 salines when filled to the  higher levels is 4mm, or 1/6 of  an inch. If a 320 will fit your breast width, a 350 will not be a problem. From photos alone I cannot tell what size implant will get you close to your goal photos. 

With the amount of breast tissue you have and the size of the implant, I would consider silicone implants, which will feel more natural, and have a lower chance of having ripples. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

+1

Thank you for your question.  I agree with a lot of the recommendations below.  My advise would be to go to another board certified plastic surgeon and get a second opinion.  Mentor saline implants have different measurements for the same volume implants.  Another option is to consider cohesive silicone implants.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Implant Sizing

+1

This is your second post that I'm aware of.  I am sorry to see that now you seem to be more concerned about making sure you don't go too small than about rippling, one of your initial concerns.  I am glad you are now considering sub-pectoral, placement, but that doesn't give you a free pass to choose any size you think you might want without serious complications.  Like Dr. Scheslinger said, you do have a 'right' to pick any size you want.  However, what he didn't say is that you will also expose yourself to the risks associated with that choice.  If your doctor has concerns about 350 cc, then you should too.  If you want to go doctor shopping, there will be one right around the corner who will be willing and happy to put in whatever size you want, so be careful. Remember, one quarter of all breast augmentation patients will get a second, unplanned operation to correct a complication within 3 years.  You don't want to be one of them.

One other thing you should dismiss is HP implants.  They are not necessary for you, and they are certainly not the only road to upper pole fulness as so many people believe, not by a long shot. Especially with saline implants.  In fact, HP implants only do two things reliably: give more projection for any given volume and cause the most tissue thinning.  

Keep thinking about this!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Variety of implant choices

+1

When determining breast implant size I first consider projection, next base diameter and last volume.   If you don't get the first two right then you place your self at a greater risk of ending up with a breast shape that is less than satisfactory.   Saline filled implants are not designed to hang over the edge of the chest wall.  When this happens you can feel and then sometimes see unwanted rippling of the implant.   The use of gel filled implants can reduce this to some degree.   It is a fact that we can make the breasts as large as you want but you should also tap into your plastic surgeon's experience when picking an implant style and size.  

Implant choices

+1

The decision of which implant to use is done during consultation after reviewing your anatomy and listening to your size requests.

Why Can I Not Have 350 cc Saline Implants?

+1

The determination of the size implants that you are going to get at surgery is a decision made between you and your plastic surgeon.  Each plastic surgeon has his or her own feelings about what size implants fit what size chest/personality/patient.  The breast implant manufacturers all publish the size they recommend based on base diameter of chest/breast.  These are recommendations only.

You as the patient have a right to the size you want and each plastic surgeon has a right to refuse to go along with certain patient requests, and that would set up the scenario where you could either do as your plastic surgeon recommends because you have chosen him or her wisely, or you can seek out a different plastic surgeon who is willing to accede to your wishes. 

Allergan high profile implants of 300 ccs have a base diameter of 10.9 cm.  A 350 has a base diameter of 11.4 cm.  The difference between these two is only .5 cm which is quite small, and the measuring of your breast base diameter could probably be off by that much just based on lab error.  Therefore, if you present your situation to your plastic surgeon with this information, he or she may accede to your wishes or you may change your mind,  

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon