I Would Love to Change the Shape of my Nose and Get Rid of my Wide Nostrils and Wide Bridge?

I am doing research now as i want it done in October,would i need to have my bridge worked on too if i have my nostrils smaller?

African American rhinoplasty

+2

African American rhinoplasty usually includes osteotomies to narrow the wide nasal bones and an alar-plasty to narrow the wide nostrils. Close rhinoplasty techniques under a brief one hour general anesthetic as an outpatient procedure will address these issues to refine the nose.    Please see the link below for a virtual rhinoplasty app available on our website to see what your new nose might look like. Remember you  will need 2 weeks off from exercise after the surgery to prevent a nosebleed

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/virtual_plasticsurgery.php

African American nostrils

+2

The wide nostrils can be corrected alone with an 'alarplasty'. It is a quick procedure and can be done without general anesthesia. If you want to make the bridge look narrow, then it requires a graft in the dorsum and breaking the nasal bones 'osteotomies'. It adds more time and will require general anesthesia.

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the African American nose.

+2

Rhinoplasty for the African American nose involves making the nostrils  narrower,  as well as refining the tip.The bump on your bridge that that can be shaved down and made to look straight . This should be done in a conservative fashion that does not make you look strange. Choose a very experienced surgeon for the best results

See an Expert in African American Rhinoplasty

+2

Dear Fitgirl, You look like a great candidate for rhinoplasty. As you do your research you want to make sure you find a rhinoplasty specialist who has specific expertise in African American patients because the techniques used to reduce the nostril width and refine the tip should be tailored to your goals and anatomy. Many surgeons will also talk to African American patients about building up the bridge which in you is unnecessary. You can reduce the bridge width by getting the bones brought in. If you have any more specific questions feel free to contact us. Warm Regards, Peyman Solieman, MD

African American Rhinoplasty

+1

Although your main concern is the width of the nostrils, the nose will look best if kept proportionate and that means that narrowing of the nasal bones would, in my opinion make the nose look better if you are going to have the nostrils narrowed. If you want the tip to be more defined or elevated, there are techniques to accomplish that as well. A thorough consultation with a nasal surgery specialist can help you to better define your goals and make a plan that will maximize your results. You should expect an improvement in the refinement of the nose after surgery. Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Web reference: http://www.westonsurgery.com